ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ProjectHelper
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 08:54:08 GMT
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:

> +1 on separation.

+1

> -1 on defaulting to SAX2 and thus breaking backwards compatability

+1 on defaulting to SAX2 if the parser is a SAX2 XMLReader, otherwise
fall back to SAX1.

What backwards compatibility problems do you expect, Peter?

Costin, ProjectHelper didn't use any SAX2 classes in Ant 1.4.1.  I
have introduced them to add support for AElfred some weeks ago.

Since we explicitly require JAXP 1.1 we can savely assume that the
SAX2 classes are on the classpath, but I'm not sure whether this
implies that the parser must support SAX2 as well.

Stefan