ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Name collisions
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 16:53:48 GMT
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> If a container implements the interfaces for 3 different roles (with
> different interfaces) there is very little that one can do.

Wait, I know that you are implementing roles that way in your antlib
proposal, but it seems that Conor, Peter, Adam and myself prefer roles
to be based on the type of the thing to add, not of the containing
element.

I think Adam has explained how Myrmidon deals with name clashes in a
context where roles are not determined by the container.

> So, even without <antlib> what shall we do in ANT1.x with the fact
> that task and typedef declarations do not check accross each other.
> That is a bug, since no warning or error is sent, but the
> declaration is ignored.

I agree, but I won't touch it know as I want to wait how Costin is
going to address this - I'm sure he'll do - in the TaskFactory
proposal he's working on.

Stefan