ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] Cat Task
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 17:03:01 GMT
Derek,

some comments:

(1) any problems with calling the task concat instead of cat?
Non-Unix people will probably not recognize "cat".

(2) Instead of tofile, I'd prefer destfile as an attribute name.

(3) You may consider using nested FileLists instead of/in addition to
FileSets - the order by which DirctoryScanner returns the files is not
determined while people using cat will probably need a specific order.

(4) I'm not sure, but maybe an encoding attribute is needed.  We have
gradually added encoding attributes to almost all tasks that read and
modify files.

Stefan