ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSE] task parameters that are only supplied when a property is defined
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:44:34 GMT
On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, Darrell DeBoer wrote:
>
>> This is not *quite* true. If you use "$!{name}", ant will strip the
>> "$", so you'll see "!{name}" as the value.
>
> That's strange.

But has been that way ever since (which is why we cannot change it,
there are lots of build files that contain Outer$$Inner for inner
classes).

> I checked the manual and it doesn't say you have to double $$ ( or I
> couldn't find that ), and $ is a valid character for an
> attribute.

It says it in a couple of hidden places - in javac.html for example,
but not very prominently.  Also there are a bunch of resolved bug
reports that talk about this behavior.  We need to fix the
documentation.

Stefan