ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Javac and classpath
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 17:13:31 GMT
On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Nick Cross <nick.cross@prismtechnologies.com>
wrote:

> The problem was that the classpath produced by the ant task is not
> as I have specified above. It appears that
> org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/compilers/DefaultCompilerAdapter
> automatically adds the dest dir to the classpath.

Apart from "it has always been that way", I don't really know why it
does that.

My guess is that Ant encourages using the -d switch while Ant users
are probably not aware of the fact that it does so.  Moving the
destintaion directory to the end of the classpath doesn't have any ill
effect that I could see right now, but that doesn't mean anything 8-)

Others?

Stefan