ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ProjectComponentHelper and adapters
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:51:02 GMT
On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> The only special case is with "id" references that would have to be
> resolved when they are used, (if not resolved yet).

This could be done (by returning a smart replacement for Hashtable in
project.getReferences in the first place) and you'd still have to
resolve all references when you encounter a script task, but it would
probably work.

> If we could a consensus on how to do that we could reduce
> ProjectHelper cruft by at least 80% (at least in the version in
> <antlib> proposal) and we would finish with a completely regular set
> of rules for constructing and evaluating the tree.

So let's try to get consensus here.

As far as I can tell, the only reason to have task instances created
at parser time are references.  If nobody else can come up with a
different reason and we can address this issue, we have consensus, no?

Stefan