ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Backwards incompatible change to Javac
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:26:13 GMT
A while back I've changed javac's fork attribute from boolean to
String - so that one can specify the name of the executable to fork.
I never thought anybody would be using these method directly, I was
wrong: <http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/2002-03-21/castor-test.html>

We cannot simply add

    public void setFork(boolean b) {
        setFork(""+b);
    }

as IntrospectionHelper then will chose this method over the one taking
a String argument - which means fork="/my/path/to/javac" would become
the same as fork="false".  Not good.

The only solution I can see:  change fork back to boolean and add a
new attribute for the forked executable.  This again is backwards
incompatible to the change I've made more then four months ago and
people may have started to depend on it.

Any ideas?

Stefan