ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: ant bug or user error?
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:38:12 GMT
On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Conor MacNeill <>
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Paul Kilroy <> wrote:

>>>I think the is related to the fact that ant caches
>>>targets (and their tasks), but the task is "cleaned
>>>up" at the end of the execute method. This pretty much
>>>invalidates the cache for the target.
>> Yes.
> Well, this task cleans itself up (kills itself really) but the core
> does not do any general task cleanup.

I think this is what Paul talks about (the task cleaning up itself),

>>>-Don't run the target again, it's already been run.
>> or alternatively, don't use cached tasks.
> These two statements amount to the same thing, in general, don't
> they?

No.  My alternative is to run a target of that name but use fresh
instances, while Paul talks about not running the target twice at all.

>> We've always said that "ant foo moo" is supposed to be the same as
>> "ant foo; ant moo" which it obviously is not.
> This has never really been true that these are equivalent due to
> property immutability.

So my alternative is not viable.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>