ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PatternSet Bug
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:52:56 GMT
On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Helg H. Bredow <Helg.H.Bredow@is.shell.com>
wrote:

> The code that constructs the StringTokenizer in PatterSet needs to
> have the space removed.

No, the documentation needs to be fixed, everything else would break
backwards compatibility.

In general, you probably should use nested <include> and <exclude>
elements instead of lists - and in the case of directories with spaces
you don't have a choice anyway.

> I'm a newbie here so how do I go about submitting this fix? I don't
> really feel like installing CVS just to fix one bug.

Search for "diff" - if you are on a Unix(like) system it will probably
already be there.

cp patternset.html patternset.html.orig
vi patternset.html
# make your changes
diff -u patternset.html.orig patternset.html > patternset.patch
# send patternset.patch to list

I'm sure there is a diff implementation for Windows as well.

Stefan