ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FileSet issues
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:25:18 GMT
On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Eugene Karpov <karpov@sigma.ispras.ru> wrote:

> On Thursday 28 February 2002 18:10, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Eugene Karpov <karpov@sigma.ispras.ru> wrote:
>> > And what about removeFilesets() method?
>>
>> Where would you need that?  Probably in every task that supported
>> file sets, as well as removeXYZ in all tasks that supported nested
>> xyz elements?
>
> You are not quite right. Cause FileSet is a DataType and it defines
> SourceData for the build, but other nested elements (except other
> DataTypes) implement build logic.

I cannot follow you.  Why do you need the ability to remove filesets
from a task, but not other nested elements?

My understanding has been that you were repeatedly using a <copy> task
in a loop, didn't want to recreate a Copy instance every time and
needed to reset the tasks state.

You probably want to do something completely different, but what? 8-)

Stefan