ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ProjectComponentHelper and adapters
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 14:04:33 GMT
On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:

> I see nothing wrong with keeping the invalidation logic ( or maybe I
> don't understand all the issues here ). Removing it may not be
> backward compatible, so I'm at least -0.

It hasn't been present in 1.4.1.  I have added it when we introduced
the manifest task as FOP's build became broken (FOP used to define a
manifest task of their own).

If no task instances have been created before tasks get used, you
don't need to invalidate anything - but we may better keep the logic
to invalidate refernces of tasks that have been executed.

Stefan