ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types XCatalog.java
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 08:15:48 GMT
On 11 Mar 2002, <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

>   incomplete in the case of XCatalog, I'll follow up on this.

XCatalog uses File.toURL and Thread.getContextClassloader - I didn't
dive into the code deep enough to see whether we can work around them.
If not, the class itself must be moved out of the types directory as
bootstrap.(sh|bat) will fail on JDK 1.1 otherwise.

Anyway, as long as XCatalog requires JDK 1.2, <style> and all other
tasks that add support for catalogs will become JDK 1.2 only tasks as
well.  I don't like this effect at all.

Stefan