ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TaskAdapter/TaskFactory/RuntimeConfigurable
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:00:42 GMT
Some random thoughts on all the mails in this thread:

* I feel that some of the proposals are trying to do too many things
at the same time and therefore get problems being accepted as a
whole.  This seems to be true in particular for antlib and embed, but
I may be wrong.

In Costin's case, the changes that make ProjectHelper pluggable are
probably not controversial at all while Peter will veto any proposal
that mentions class loaders (I'm exaggerating on the last bit).

I'd love to see a project builder - whatever you want to call it -
that is namespace aware tommorow rather than in six months.

* I don't see any harm with a task factory.  But let's look at the
different pieces separately.

* I agree with Conor's comments about AntBean.

* I don't know why Costin thinks that a -1 needs to be seconded.

* If a task factory changes the class loader semantics but the core
remains unaffected, it seems that both Costin and Peter can have their
cake.

Stefan