ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Q]Ant visual tool - HOWTOs
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 15:42:23 GMT
On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Stefan Buynov <s_buynov@prosyst.bg> wrote:

> Are there any requirements, any skills I should posses to be a
> contributor?

Look around the jakarta site, in particular links under
<http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html>, especially Craig's
mail linked from there.

Enjoy what you do.  Just do what you want to do.  Feel committed to
the project you are contributing to.  Persist.

Coding skills help, but are no ultimate requirement.

> What should a person do to become one?

Contribute by taking part in discussion, proposing things,
contributing code, contributing documentation, contributing tests,

> Are there strict deadlines that should be met in the projects
> (developer's spare time is really insufficient)?

deadlines?  We are all (well, most of us) working on our spare time.
You do what you want to to and when you want to do it.

>From time to time there will be deadlines of the type "OK, next friday
I'll cut a code branch for the next release, all features that are not
in by then will not be part of the release" - but we set these
deadlines ourselves.

Stefan