ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <style> new processor specification
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 11:01:24 GMT
On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> I would like to be able to say:

> processor="trax:com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl"
>        .... />
>
> This can be implemented by temporarily setting the
> System.property for TRAX:

Is there any gurantee that changing the system property after getting
a TransformerFactory instance for the first time will have any effect?

I mean, if you don't set it and get Xalan and after that set it Saxon,
is there any guarantee that you'll get Saxon's factory and not
Xalan's?  To my reading the javacdoc of TransformerFactory.newInstance
is rather vague - "new" hints that it should work.

> BTW, <style> should set the ContextClassLoader when it
> creates its own AntClassLoader. Otherwise, the code is
> kind of useless.

True.

Stefan