ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AntBean feedback
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:10:29 GMT
On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:

> However in 'normal' use the container will not call those methods (
> they are called from Main ).

Leave them in Main and make the containers that need equal power do it
in a similar way Main does IMHO.

> The idea was to provide the same capabilities with Main.

Throw in yet another layer?  AntBean for GUIs, a new layer that uses
AntBean for containers that want to do almost the same things as Main
and Main that uses this new layer?

> If we don't want this 'equivalence', then it may be better to remove
> AntBean and improve Project to make it easier to embed it -
> but again in this case I would move at least the creation of the
> default logger in Project.

My feeling is, that Project is already doing too many things right
now.

The DefaultLogger writes to System.out, which is a reasonable default
for command line apps, but Project shouldn't assume that IMHO.

Stefan