ant-dev mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@wanderinghorse.net>
Subject Re: Bug fixes to 1.4.1
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:50:52 GMT
On Tuesday 26 March 2002 19:20 pm, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> This may sound like a very silly question to some I'm sure, but why aren't
> some of the bugs reported against 1.4.1 corrected, and a 1.4.2 or 1.4.1.p1
> made available? How often someone writes "yep, it's fixed or already fixed
> in CVS and/or 1.5a". I believe that simple bug fixes to existing tasks or
> docs should also go against 1.4.1. Most of us need or have no choice but to
> use released versions of ANT for various reasons. Fixing the latest
> released version (1.4.1) to some extend until the 1.5 becomes prime time
> makes sense to me.
>
> I've just fell into the source="1.4" bug of <javac> again (the attribute is
> ignored!) with 1.4.1 official, and thought about asking. --DD

In the case that none of the dev team would like to deal with this "old
stuff", i still have a "working interest" in 1.4, and would be honored to
take this on.

And, i *promise*, none of my patches would sneek in without official devteam
approval ;). i could work out of a separate CVS tree, if that made people
more comfortable.

----- stephan
Generic Unix Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
"...control is a degree of inhibition, and a system which is perfectly
inhibited is completely frozen." -- Alan W. Watts