ant-dev mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@wanderinghorse.net>
Subject Re: PATCH: <record> support for emacs mode
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 07:45:59 GMT
On Monday 25 March 2002 07:08 am, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> No "quick hack" is going to get committed by me!  :)   (again, its a
> comments issue - keep it professional)

Point taken.

> Perhaps this flag should just become a getter/setter on Project?

Actually, i'd prefer that, but i did this one a couple days into my work with
Ant, and didn't want to add functions at that point. i'll do that.

> Why do you need this?  Is it used somewhere?

Same as with Cvs task: i've had problems subclassing tasks because they Don't
have getters, so i supply them. It's a courtesy to the guy who subclasses it
(which'll prolly be me ;).

----- stephan
Generic Unix Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
"...control is a degree of inhibition, and a system which is perfectly
inhibited is completely frozen." -- Alan W. Watts