ant-dev mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@wanderinghorse.net>
Subject Re: PATCH: cvs <commandline> implementation
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 00:46:07 GMT
On Monday 25 March 2002 01:32 am, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Any particular reason you still need CDATA capability when you've got the
> other <commandline> stuff?  And did you implement Ant property substitution
> there?

a) because i generate parts of my build.xml, and don't wanna write perl
code which writes <commandline> stuff.
b) i already use the CDATA function in our company build tree.
c) it's already there, and doesn't impact any other features.
d) the internal implementations of the various command modes are the same
code, so the feature is no maintenance penalty.
e) As a build file writer, i would strongly prefer this:

<cvs>
status build.xml
up -r HEAD Makefile
</cvs>

over:

<cvs>
 <commandline>
  <argument value="status"/>
  <argument value="build.xml"/>
 </commandline>
 <commandline>
  <argument value="up"/>
  <argument value="-r"/>
  <argument value="HEAD"/>
  <argument value="Makefile"/>
 </commandline>
</cvs>

> I'll review your patch in the next day or so and respond with comments.

cool beans :).

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
Student: "Master, you must teach me the way of liberation!"
Master:  "Tell me who it is that binds you."
Student: "No one binds me!"
Master:  "Then why do you seek liberation?"