ant-dev mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@wanderinghorse.net>
Subject Re: Exporting a Project Instance
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2002 17:10:59 GMT
On Sunday 24 March 2002 17:58 pm, costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> Step back a bit - what do we gain by making it an interface ? Multiple
> inheritance ? One more class in the core, just to make the object model a
> bit more complex ?

The main reason i thought of it was that some objects which are doing task
jobs don't subclass task, and must therefor be proxied. RecorderEntery comes
to mind.

> As long as you expect all tasks to extend AbstractTask, there's
> no point of defining an interface.

Good point. The main reason would be to avoid proxying, but proxying is
neither evil nor terribly much work, so it's not a big deal.

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
Student: "Master, you must teach me the way of liberation!"
Master:  "Tell me who it is that binds you."
Student: "No one binds me!"
Master:  "Then why do you seek liberation?"