ant-dev mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@wanderinghorse.net>
Subject Re: Exporting a Project Instance
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2002 14:37:59 GMT
On Sunday 24 March 2002 15:29 pm, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> No, but there are lots of "extends Task" out there, so Adam was saying you
> can't simply make Task an interface.

Right, and what i'm saying about "extends Task" is that it's a
single-command-line sed fix to update a class to use it. Build file
compatibility will be broken, after all. Compared to that, having to sed a
source file to update it to the latest ant API doesn't seem so extreme.

> And I believe Steve brought up the
> fact that there are JLS issues with backwards compatibility if we make Task
> "implement Taskable" and move the declaration of execute() to Taskable.

That bit i can't speak to at all.

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
Student: "Master, you must teach me the way of liberation!"
Master:  "Tell me who it is that binds you."
Student: "No one binds me!"
Master:  "Then why do you seek liberation?"