ant-dev mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@wanderinghorse.net>
Subject Re: Backwards incompatible change to Javac
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:36:42 GMT
On Friday 22 March 2002 17:29 pm, Diane Holt wrote:
> --- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > +1
> >
> > OK, unless anybody objects, I'll make that change next week.
>
> Now that <javac> has a 'compiler' attribute, couldn't you allow that to
> take a full path to the compiler when fork="yes"?

That sounds very reasonable, as long as the full path isn't required to still
run it (we then may need the ant equivalent of 'which javac', which would be
more cross-system friendly than using a property to set the full path). i
have to use fork for our builds to avoid OutOfMemoryExceptions, but javac is
in a different place on each build machine, and i'd sure hate to have to futz
with that in a properties file on each machine.

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
Student: "Master, you must teach me the way of liberation!"
Master:  "Tell me who it is that binds you."
Student: "No one binds me!"
Master:  "Then why do you seek liberation?"