ant-dev mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@wanderinghorse.net>
Subject Re: PATCH: AbstractCvsTask
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:48:29 GMT
On Friday 22 March 2002 13:44 pm, you wrote:
> I think a better syntax is:
>
>     <cvs...>
>         <command...>
>             <arg...>
>         </command>
>     </cvs>

so that
> you can take advantage of the line/file/path capabilities.
>
> Seem reasonable?

Seems not only perfectly reasonable but consistent with the existing objects.
But horribly unweildy ;). i imagine that almost nobody will be using this
feature except to update specific files (i would happily be wrong - i'm only
imagining what *i* want it for). If that is indeed the case, this syntax is
much more unweildy than simply handling it via the character data. (Then
again, if <command> supports 'outputfile=...', then it would also be useful
for creating patches.)

i'm not saying i won't do it, i'm just saying it's overkill :). This'd be a
good weekend project for me, though.

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
Student: "Master, you must teach me the way of liberation!"
Master:  "Tell me who it is that binds you."
Student: "No one binds me!"
Master:  "Then why do you seek liberation?"