ant-dev mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@wanderinghorse.net>
Subject Re: Exporting a Project Instance
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:17:50 GMT
On Friday 22 March 2002 13:08 pm, jbjk wrote:
> The approach I was considering taking was getting the
> taskdefs from the Project and the properties file.  Then
> the element names can be retrieved using the tasks class.
> This means that tasks that do not extend Task will also
> be handled.

On a related note: is there a good reason for not making Task an interface,
and supplying an AbstractTask to subclass? Except for some "extends ..." and
"implements ...." lines i can't imagine this not being backwards-compatible.

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
Student: "Master, you must teach me the way of liberation!"
Master:  "Tell me who it is that binds you."
Student: "No one binds me!"
Master:  "Then why do you seek liberation?"