ant-dev mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@wanderinghorse.net>
Subject PATCH: AbstractCvsTask
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:05:24 GMT
changes:
- refactored a bit. execute() now calls protected runCommand(), then handles
character data by calling setCommand()/runCommand() for each line of cdata.
This change was a cleaner way than doing the stupid
horribleProcessCDataKludge i had in there yesterday, and also helps
subclasses a bit, i think.

Patch attached.

Other than the refactoring it's functionally the same as the patches from
last night:
<cvs>
status build.xml
up -r 1.7 subproject.xml
diff -u src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs
</cvs>

(and since Recorder/RecorderEntry now support the -emacs flag (and
emacsmode='true|false'), any patches created this way could be easily snarfed
from the build log file (assuming emacsmode).

i'll add support for nested <command> elements once i've gotten more
comfortable with the API.

Does this format sound okay:

<cvs>
<command line="....."/>
<command line="....."/>
<command line="....."/>
<command line="....."/>
</cvs>
(using 'line' to be consistent with the syntax from <exec>'s args)

maybe an optional attribute:
<command line="....." outputfile="..."/>

that would allow creating patches via:
<command line="diff -u ${my.patched.files}" outputfile="mypatches.patch"/>

???

And idea for an extension on this would be multiple types of nested elements:
<cvs>
<diff revision="1.3" file="...."/>
<update revision="3.4" files="...."/>
<!--
though a fileset would be more proper, it would be
Bad to have a revision of other than HEAD with multiple files in an update.
In diff it'd be okay, though.
-->
</cvs>

Of course, i'm getting ahead of myself here. ;)

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
Student: "Master, you must teach me the way of liberation!"
Master:  "Tell me who it is that binds you."
Student: "No one binds me!"
Master:  "Then why do you seek liberation?"