ant-dev mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@wanderinghorse.net>
Subject Re: One more for Javac: compiler or implementation
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:33:30 GMT
On Friday 22 March 2002 12:28 pm, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Wouldn't it be better if both attributes had the same name?
>
> Which one? compiler, implementation or something completely different?
>
> My votes goes for "make them consistent" with no strong opinion on the
> name, but a slight bias towards implementation.

i think technically 'implementation' is the better word, but from a user
perspective i would find 'compiler' more appropriate, i think. Or maybe just
'thingietogenerateclassfiles'.

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
Student: "Master, you must teach me the way of liberation!"
Master:  "Tell me who it is that binds you."
Student: "No one binds me!"
Master:  "Then why do you seek liberation?"