ant-dev mailing list archives

From stephan beal <>
Subject Re: article: combining make and ant
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:08:00 GMT
On Thursday 21 March 2002 14:36 pm, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> > Make is, let's face it, far better at dependency checking than Ant
> Care to elaborate on this?  In what way is it better?

Another example of this is the fact that ant will (annoyingly) run a target
multiple times if it's in multiple depends="..." lines. Make does not do this
- it recognizes that a given dependency was already run and doesn't run it
again. My 'init' target gets run multiple times (hosing my output log, since
<record action="start"/> gets called multiple times) unless i do something
silly like this:

<target name="init" unless="init.alreadydone">
	<property name='init.alreadydone' value='true'/>

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy -
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
"I ain't gen'rally given to physicality of that nature but it saves
a lot of arguing." -- Nanny Ogg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message