ant-dev mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@einsurance.de>
Subject Re: suggestion for if/unless syntax change
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:10:57 GMT
On Thursday 21 March 2002 10:58 am, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> > i get the feeling that i'm the only one who feels that if/unless are
> > curiously implemented, so i'll drop those subjects ;).
>
> You're not the only one.  In myrmidon, we changed if and unless to test the
> property value against true/false/yes/no (with unset still evaluating to
> false).  It does make some things a fair bit simpler.

Yeah! :)

> On the other hand, the amount of effort we'd need to put into changing ant
> 1 to work this way, just doesn't seem worth the benefit.

i sympathize completely with that. It would break every build.xml in
existence, i imagine.

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
"I ain't gen'rally given to physicality of that nature but it saves
a lot of arguing." -- Nanny Ogg