ant-dev mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@einsurance.de>
Subject Re: newbie: how to submit new patched tasks to project
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:05:11 GMT
On Tuesday 19 March 2002 13:50 pm, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, stephan beal <stephan@einsurance.de> wrote:
> > PS - i've build it based off of the 1.4.1 API because i couldn't get
> > the CVS tree to compile for me.
>
> You mean the bootstrap script did not work?

i just did a checkout and 'ant' - didn't try running any of the supplied
scripts. The failure was a missing class, which i couldn't find in the tree
(maybe it's in a jar - didn't check). No biggie - after subscribing to
ant-dev and seeing how much is changing, i'd rather stay with 1.4.1, anyway
;).

> > This object subclasses, rather than patches, so i'm guessing it
> > "should work" with the copy of the Cvs task which is in CVS.
>
> Cvs.java has been rewritten considerably in 1.5 - well, not really,
> but it is supposed to be easier to subclass now.  You should extend
> AbstractCvsTask now.

i noticed that change while browsing the cvs tree, but i don't think it'll
impact the object as long as execute() is still used in the same way as in
ant 1.4.1. My object only does the following:
1) calls super.execute()
2) for each file in the revisionList or revisionFile, calls super.setCommand(
"-r x.y path/to/file" ) and super.execute().

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
"I ain't gen'rally given to physicality of that nature but it saves
a lot of arguing." -- Nanny Ogg