ant-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Exporting a Project Instance
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2002 16:58:13 GMT
Step back a bit - what do we gain by making it an interface ? Multiple
inheritance ? One more class in the core, just to make the object model a
bit more complex ?

Even with Taskable - what's the point here ? "Tasks" don't have to
implement/extend _anything_ - so if we want to do some sed-ing,
I would _remove_ any "extend Task" from the tasks, and leave them
as simple beans that follow the task pattern.

As long as you expect all tasks to extend AbstractTask, there's
no point of defining an interface. ( I expect many of them to
not extend/implement anything - and not have any dependency on
ant ).

Costin