ant-dev mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Re: ProjectComponentHelper and adapters
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 20:15:19 GMT
On Fri, 8 Mar 2002 wrote:

> I think I found a good solution for dealing with 'non-ant' tasks
> and types ( the adapters ), with the minimum amount of change.

Ok, everything can be done with no code change in RuntimeConfigurable
except making some fields protected.

It's pretty smart code, I'm impressed - the task is creating the
wrapper, so it can return a class that extends RuntimeConfigurable.

The only problem is for data types - where 'new RuntimeConfigurable'
is hardcoded in helper and it has no hook.

Moving getRuntimeConfigurableWrapper() to ProjectComponent ( or
adding it to DataType ) and making few fields protected is the
only change that is needed in core ( besides adding the factory
to create tasks/data types ). The xml processor will need
changes, but it is a plugin already.

For consistency, we should have all tasks use the RuntimeConfigurable,
even if they are top level - but that's again a change in the
xml processor, can be done outside.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message