ant-dev mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Re: jspc and magic compiler attribute
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 16:37:26 GMT
On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Steve Loughran wrote:

> <jspc> has a magic compiler property, jsp.compiler, though with only one
> implementation it is unimportant right now

Not sure which magic property you are talking about - in jasper
there is one and it has 2 implementations ( the second is a jikes plugin).

> 1. Should this task have a magic compiler property, or should it be with a
> compiler attribute as well/instead
> (me: +1)

Attribute, but better nothing - use <javac> task, don't rely on

> 2. if there is a compiler attribute, can we pull the magic property
> completely
> (me: +1)

+1. See previous.

> Probablility of anyone using this property is in the nearly zero category;
> it was in there as the tasks were based on javac...

The jasper jikes task is used - I use it all the time. In 3.3 we even
have code to automatically detect if jikes is present and use it
if it is ( fall back if not, see JspInterceptor ).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message