ant-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: ProjectHelper
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 23:19:56 GMT
On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Conor MacNeill wrote:

> > Everything that worked before will continue to work in exactly the
> > same way, it is completely backward compatible.
> >
> > However if a SAX2 parser is present it'll allow namespaces to
> > be used.
> >

> I haven't had time to look at the code yet but how will the namespaces
> be used? Just curious.

At this moment - the helper is not doing anything with the namespaces,
since the task registration can only deal with the tag name.

I don't think it's a good idea to decide on any particular use of
namespaces for ant1.5 - just to have them available and pass this info
to the task factory ( assuming the task factory proposal is accepted).
User code can do whatever it wants with it.

BTW, I think Peter was right that SAX1 helper should remain the default,
in order to have more feedback and experience with the SAX2 one.

Costin