ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Bredow, Helg H SITI-KRDD" <Helg.H.Bre...@is.shell.com>
Subject RE: PatternSet Bug
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:20:03 GMT
Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean. Are you saying that this is
not a bug and that directories with spaces are not supported? Or, how would
nested includes and excludes all me to specify directories or files with
spaces. e.g.

		<jar jarfile="${jarfile}">
                  <fileset dir="${build}" excludes="dependency cache/**"/>
            </jar>

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: 22 March 2002 11:53
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: PatternSet Bug

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Helg H. Bredow <Helg.H.Bredow@is.shell.com>
wrote:

> The code that constructs the StringTokenizer in PatterSet needs to
> have the space removed.

No, the documentation needs to be fixed, everything else would break
backwards compatibility.

In general, you probably should use nested <include> and <exclude>
elements instead of lists - and in the case of directories with spaces
you don't have a choice anyway.

> I'm a newbie here so how do I go about submitting this fix? I don't
> really feel like installing CVS just to fix one bug.

Search for "diff" - if you are on a Unix(like) system it will probably
already be there.

cp patternset.html patternset.html.orig
vi patternset.html
# make your changes
diff -u patternset.html.orig patternset.html > patternset.patch
# send patternset.patch to list

I'm sure there is a diff implementation for Windows as well.

Stefan