ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: TaskAdapter and execute()
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2002 04:27:24 GMT

What were the issues exactly?  I'd hate to see documentation generation be the sole reason
we switch back.  I think the behaviour we have right now is already proving itself to be really
powerful.  Sure, it makes generating docs harder, but it also makes writing tasks easier.
 Given that there's going to be one documentation generator, and thousands of tasks, well,
I think we want to stick with what we currently have.

For starters, let's not change the configuration behaviour, 'cause there's plenty of other
issues to sort out, besides figuring out whether something can be an attribute or nested element
or both.  If all we do is spit out the class description, and the description and type of
each property of the class (without distinguishing between attributes and nested elements),
then we're doing ok.

Adam