ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/src/todo/org/apache/tools/todo/types PathUtil.java
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:13:40 GMT

I agree.  This is just a first pass - I used the ClassLoaderManager because doing so happened
to pick up some useful stuff, like reusing the classloader, including the common classloader
as parent (as opposed to the now empty system classloader), and resolving extensions.  But
we do want to make all of these things configurable.  Sometimes you want to reuse a classloader,
sometimes you want to spin up a new one for every object instance.  Sometimes you want to
include the common classloader, sometimes you don't.  And so on.

Eventually, I want to add a data-type that represents a classloader, and gives the user control
over all this stuff.  This makes things like reuse explicit - use a classloader data-type
by ref, and you reuse the classloader, and so on.  This would also tie in with the ExtensionManager,
so that you can use, for example, the classloader or classpath for a particular extension
(com.sun.tools, for example).

Adam