ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/src/java/org/apache/antlib/core
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2002 05:40:34 GMT

The same.  The plan was to chop up <available> into 3 or 4 separate conditions.  The
new <available> checks for classes and resources in a classpath, so it probably could
do with further splitting into <class-available> and <resource-available>.

As far as file checking goes, there's plenty of stuff we can do there.  I've added the <file-test>
condition (ok, the name needs work), which can be used to test a (vfs) file using a set of
file selectors:

<file-test file="some/vfs/file">

A condition that did the same for a set of files would probably be handy too.  And a condition
that searches a path for a file.  Now that it is so easy to add these things, we can go nuts
adding implementations.  I've added a few thoughts to the todo list.

> >   * A target can now take both an "if" and an "unless" condition.
> I don't like this because it complicates an already complex area.
> Personally
> I don't think targets should have conditions at all but I guess they are
> going to need to for backwards compatability with ant1.x :(

I have to agree.  I'd either like to see "if" and "unless" go, or I'd like to see a far more
expressive model for dependency traversal.

Let's go the simpler option, and axe the target conditions altogether, so that all the conditional
stuff ends up as tasks inside the targets.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message