ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Exporting a Project Instance
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2002 01:19:10 GMT

They are Ant 2 proposals.

Some info on Mutant:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/jakarta-ant/proposal/mutant/docs/de
sc.html

Some info on Myrmidon:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/docs/
index.html

> > So, what you would do is, rather than instantiate, configure and
> > execute the
> > task objects directly, you would build the model for the project (like a
> > DOM), and then could either persist the model to an XML file (or
> > whatever
> > representation you liked), or execute it in the ant engine.
> That sounds like a really cool solution.  Have any roadmaps been
> discussed
> for ant2 yet? Again, if someone could point me towards documentation or
> other information for this I would be grateful.

There's been *plenty* of talk about what we want Ant 2 to look like, but
there's only a pretty vague plan for actually getting there.  Currently,
there's no offical ant 2 project per se.  Instead, there's a couple of
proposals, where people are trying stuff out, and putting together
prototypes of what ant 2 might look like.

Some Ant 2 related info:

http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ant2/

Adam