ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [myrmidon] api.metadata.Model*
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 06:46:54 GMT

Yep, good idea.  Some random comments:

* Can we add some kind of location information to ModelElement?  It's so
handy for error reporting.

* I wonder if getAttribute() shouldn't return an Object, rather than a
String?  The reason is this allows a model to be built programmatically,
that contains pre-configured Objects for some of the attributes.  Also, it
would allow a configuration pipeline, where things like property resolution,
reference handling, conversion, and so forth would be handled as pluggable
stages in the pipeline (just a vague idea).

* What are we going to use for logging in aut?  Certainly can't use
TaskContext, and if Logger is moved to the container classloader, we won't
be able to use that either.

* A few of the framework interfaces are used in myrmidon.interfaces.
(Logger, Parameters, ServiceManager, Parameterizable, etc).  Nothing major,
I don't think.

* framework.factories needs to use framework classes, so we should probably
move them to the container classloader too.  Maybe we should unify the
services and components.  Certainly things like the Configurer, Executor and
PropertyResolver could be loaded from an ant-services.xml descriptor.

Adam