ant-dev mailing list archives

From j...@mac.com
Subject Re: Exporting a Project Instance
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2002 00:47:11 GMT
<snip/>
> I'm -1 on trying to extract state out of configured tasks and
> data-types.
Given the arguments you have stated that is a reasonable outcome.

> Having said that, I think we do have a reasonable solution, in the
> longer
> term.  Namely, the separation of project model from the task objects.
> There
> is some discussion going on about how we might do this in ant 1.x, and
> it
> will certainly be available in ant 2 (both mutant and myrmidon have
> separated out the project model).
I am new to the ant-dev list.  I would be grateful if someone could send
me some information on what 'mutant' and 'myrmidon' are.

> So, what you would do is, rather than instantiate, configure and
> execute the
> task objects directly, you would build the model for the project (like a
> DOM), and then could either persist the model to an XML file (or
> whatever
> representation you liked), or execute it in the ant engine.
That sounds like a really cool solution.  Have any roadmaps been
discussed
for ant2 yet? Again, if someone could point me towards documentation or
other information for this I would be grateful.

Cheers,
-John K