ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sengupta, Avik" <>
Subject RE: Exporting a Project Instance
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 04:58:07 GMT
One java to xml serialisation framework is JSX. Its a plug in replacement
for java's own serialisation, so no getters are needed. So its transparent
as far as application classes go, and can serialise attributes (incl private

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher []
Sent: 22 March 2002 06:37
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: Exporting a Project Instance

----- Original Message -----
From: "stephan beal" <>

> On Friday 22 March 2002 00:28, wrote:
> > I have identified two approaches to achieve this.  One is to get all
> > tasks to implement a toXML method.  These methods would return an XML
> > String representing that task instance.  This obviously requires a lot
> > of code changes.
> With a serialize-to-xml framework it becomes pretty simple. i know one
> in Java, but i can't remember the name.

I don't think its quite that simple.... how would such a framework get
attribute values and such to reconstruct the XML?  There are typically no
getters on Ant tasks to return back attributes and sub-elements.

And also, keep in mind that an Ant task does not necessarily extend Task....
the only requirement to being an Ant task is implementing an execute()

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>