ant-dev mailing list archives

From Cyrille Morvan <cyrille_l...@ingenosya.com>
Subject RE: [Contribution] EJB Hot deployment task
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 04:20:27 GMT
Hi Christopher,

I tried to develop a JonasHotDeploy task for Apache Ant, and I have several
comments (too) :

- in EjbDeploy :
instead of using a String to store the action, you should use a class
implementing
EnumeratedAttribute, so Ant could check the value, and the HotDeploy Tasks
could share the action names.
( see EjbJar.NamingScheme )

- is it possible to replace
ACTION_UPDATE = "update"
by
ACTION_REDEPLOY = "redeploy"
because you're already using the action names : deploy and undeploy .

- I don't understand the difference between the action DELETE and UNDEPLOY ??

- I need to add specific Java Virtual Machine arguments when I start the
JonasAdmin tool.
I think, other vendors need it. Can you add a method :

protected String getJVMArguments();

- Vendors need specific classpath, so you can keep the general classpath
(in EJbDeploy),
but you must add a specific classpath for each vendor implementation.
And I want to construct a vendor ClassPath for JOnAS.
You should add these methods to the AbstractEjbHotDeploymentTool

public setClasspath(Path);
public Path getClasspath();
protected abstract Path getVendorClasspath();

- In EjbDeploy, you should move the user, password and serverUrl to the
AbstractEjbHotDeploymentTool, so we could use different password and url
for each
application server.
I don't like the serverUrl name, ... can we use a more generic name : target ?
JOnAS doesn't support (I think), http url deployment. Do you like "target" ?

- is it possible to replace userName by username ? To respect Ant naming
convention ?

That's all

Can you please send again as quick as possible a new version of your tool ?
So I will submit a JonasHotDeploy tool, maybe before the JBoss version !!!
( A message for the JBoss developers who are reading me : I love you .... )

--
Cyrille Morvan
French student