ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kerns, Bob" <>
Subject RE: ant bug or user error?
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 00:35:41 GMT
I think the only thing bad about it -- is that it's not the default.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jose Alberto Fernandez []
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 5:34 AM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: ant bug or user error?

 --- Diane Holt <> wrote: > --- Jose
Alberto Fernandez <>
> wrote:
> > This is really a bad bug.
> > [snip]
> > What I would like to do is to add a new
> command-line
> > option (and acompaning magic property) called
> "-once"
> > what this would do is treat the list of targets in
> the
> > command line as follows:
> >
> >   ant -once t1 t2 t3 t4
> > [snip]
> > Thoughts?
> If it's a bad bug, then it should be fixed, not put
> on the user to work
> around it with a flag.
True about fixing it. But I am not sure if we can
witout major changes all over the place, so I am not
holding my breath.

With respect to -once, bug or no bug, I think it has
merit (actually it should have been the behaviour from
the start, but it is too late for that (ANT2?)).

The functionality would all be quite good for <ant>
since will *reduce* te need for multiple <ant>
(to only the cases when you need different

Does anyone think there is something bad about it?

Jose Alberto

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>