ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Zip task bug in 1.4.1
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:37:45 GMT
Sascha Woyde wrote:

> Conor MacNeill wrote:
>

>> Sascha,
>>
>> Please attach the patch to the BugZilla case.
>

> Hi Conor,
> there is already a patch, that can be applied to 1.5..... Shall I still
> attach mine (suitable for 1.4.1)?
> Sascha

Sascha,

Probably not. We will not be applying any fixes to Ant 1.4.1. IOW, there is no
prospect of an Ant 1.4.2 release.

The nest release will be Ant 1.5. The tag in BugZilla, "Ant 1.5 alpha (nightly)"
is roughly equivalent to "CVS HEAD". Since we only apply changes to CVS HEAD,
patches should usually be generated against the most recent source.

In this case it seems to me that the patches are the same anyway. Is there any
difference which should be considered.

BTW, I prefer to see patches generated using "cvs diff" rather than "plain diff"
as they include the CVS version numbers, which can make it easier to apply the
patch if the source has changed in the meantime.

Thanks for looking into this issue.

Conor