ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>
Subject Probably dumb question about accessing system properties in build listeners.
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 14:36:36 GMT
I wrote a simple build listener,
and I initially designed it to be configured
from a file. Now, I want it to be configured
from system properties on the command line.

So, I changed the code that reads the property
files to instead us java.lang.System.getProperty()...
When I invoke Ant, I used the -Dproperty=value syntax.

Well, when I test the listener, the properties are not
there! I suspect Ant is grabbing them because I see that
Project has getProperty methods. Problem is, I can't
see a way to get a handle on the project object in
a build listener. Everything else I looked at that
references a project object is extended from Project
in one way or another, so the access is easy.

Am I missing something? Is there some way for a build
listener to get the 'project' object so it can
get the properties? Any advice on how I should do this?
Or, should System.getProperty work???

Thanks!

-ken