ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: ClassLoaders ( was: Re: We need to stop the lies)
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2002 14:37:58 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

> How does Mutant implement <ant>?
>
> Is it consider part of the core or not? I guess this is the point where
> I always have dificulty with proposals on having different syntax
> for project files. How does the <ant> task knows what syntax to parse?
>
> Jose Alberto

Jose Alberto,

Good question. Mutant provides two core services for running sub-builds

     void runBuild(File antFile, Map properties, List targets)
          throws ExecutionException;

     void runBuild(Project model, Map properties, List targets)
          throws ExecutionException;

The first is for processing XML build files. The mutant core does
provide support for the parsing of XML build files. In the second, the
task requesting the subbuild can provide its own Project model
constructed in some other way. The first version is implemented by
converting the XML version to a Project model and then calling the
second version.

         XMLProjectParser parser = new XMLProjectParser();
         Project project
              = parser.parseBuildFile(InitUtils.getFileURL(antFile));
         runBuild(project, properties, targets);

So the implementation of <ant> uses the first.

While the core provides the XML parsing service, it is decoupled from
the rest of the core.

Conor