ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ChangeLog task
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2002 02:45:17 GMT
--- Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> --- "Diane Holt" <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I thought that's what it was.
>
> Not exactly.  See Peter's recent e-mail describing it more.

But if you look at the params table, the only required attributes are
'basedir' and 'destfile' -- and if that's all that's given, it'll run 'cvs
log'.

> > > How about <cvschangelog>?
> >
> > Is there any other kind?
>
> Its just not the same as 'cvs log' - its more of a filtered and
> consolidated version, I suppose.

What this does is format the output of 'cvs log' (with optionally
specified date ranges and a different user name) into XML, so maybe
something like <cvsxmllog> would be more clear -- but that's kind of yuck,
which is why I suggested <cvslog>. I just think <changelog> doesn't say
what it really does.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)