ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ChangeLog task
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2002 01:34:29 GMT
--- Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:
> I just added a changelog task to ants cvs.

Since this is a CVS-centric task, it might be better to call it <cvslog>
rather than <changelog>.

> docs/manual/CoreTasks/changelog.html

There's a few booboos :) You have 'daysinpast' in the attributes table,
but 'days' in an example. Also, the description for 'daysinpast' is a bit
mangled. And, if I'm reading it right, it seems to only be valid in
combination with the 'start' attribute, so that should probably get
included in the description. There should be a "Parameters specified as
nested elements" heading before "user" and its params table. And I'm not
sure what happened to the CDATA section in the example output -- are the
square brackets supposed to be nested that way?  (There's also some
formatting and other nits I can clean up for you, if you want.)

> It also allows filtering of entrys to occur. It allows you to specify
> "start"  (ie date of earliest change you want to report), "daysinpast"
> (how many days in past to set "start" to and "end" (the latest change
> you want to report). I really dislike these attribute names but couldn't
> think of anything better. If others can think of better names then go
> for it.

Are the 'start' and 'end' dates exclusive? If they are, then 'after' and
'before' might be better. 'daysinpast' is kind of gruesome, but at least
it says what it does :)  I'm not sure if something like 'numberofdays' is
really all that much better, but 'days' might not be self-explanatory
enough (but maybe it is -- it's certainly shorter :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)