ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Towards Ant 1.5 (Re: Bug fixes to 1.4.1)
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 00:04:31 GMT
On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:59, Peter Donald wrote:
> 2. get a <extension-tool/> task happening. Reads a set of jars and
> generates a manifest that declares dependencies on all of the said jars

As a side-note. What is our jar/library/dependency story ?

The above tasks uses the excalibur-extension package (3-4 files IIRC) but I
don't want to require people to have to download that to get things working.
Should I clone the package into o.a.t.a.t.extension.* or o.a.t.extension.* or
and include it in the ant tree? Or should I keep using the excalibur tree?

The advantage of including it in the ant tree is that we would not have to
change our current setup. The disadvantage is that overtime the excalibur
package will get more testcases/documentation and ant could lag behind - we
would also have to include the excalibur jar in ants release.

Opinions?

--
Cheers,

Pete