ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Towards Ant 1.5 (Re: Bug fixes to 1.4.1)
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 23:59:13 GMT
On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:15, Magesh Umasankar wrote:
> From: "Steve Loughran" <steve_l@iseran.com>
>
> > Better to focus on getting ant1.5 out, now
> > that it has been six months since 1.4
>
> Not real roadblocks, but...

I want to do a few things aswell. I will try to do them on Monday if I get a
chance. Namely;

1. get a <changelog/> task happening. (Basicallly an adaption of the one in
jakarta-alexandria CVS). Produces an XML report based on changes present in
CVS repo

2. get a <extension-tool/> task happening. Reads a set of jars and generates
a manifest that declares dependencies on all of the said jars

3. get a <build-number/> task happening. Basically read/write/increment build
number from a property file. Like PropertyFile but much easier to use.

4. maybe a <libtool/> task that checks that a set of librarys are present in
classpath and if not issues a warning (basically

I already have 1-3 done, (4 is just an idea I had then) but they need to be
checked to make sure they are all good.

--
Cheers,

Pete